So here's how the CHL ranks its clubs.
This one is the opinion of NHL scouts. No in-depth stats worked into the selection here.
1. Kelowna Rockets, WHL, (12-1)
2. Erie Otters, OHL, (11-0-0-1)
3. Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL, (13-4-0-1)
4. Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL, (11-2-1-0)
5. Soo Greyhounds, OHL (10-3)
6. Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (11-3-1-0)
7. Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL (9-3-0-3)
8. Oshawa Generals, OHL (11-2-1-0)9. Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL (12-5)
10. Everett Silvertips, WHL (8-1-2-1)
HM: Belleville Bulls, OHL (9-3), Baie-Comeau Drakkar, QMJHL (11-5-0-1), Edmonton Oil Kings (9-3-0-1)
- The OHL is making a lot of strides on a number of fronts - education, mental welfare and reducing fighting. It'd be nice if the league revamped its tired rankings to actually reflect statistics and not essentially just place teams in order of best record.
- Every week this ranking is virtually split equally among all three leagues, one would presume by design.
- Power from the west as three of the top six teams hailing from the WHL.
- The three hottest teams in the OHL after Erie are Kitchener, Owen Sound and London. Division of death.