Will it all end tonight?
The Kitchener Rangers sure hope so. Though, the team isn't expecting a warm welcome at the Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre for tonight's Game 4 against Owen Sound.
A win gives the Rangers the 4-0 sweep. More importantly, it gives the team time to recharge for the western conference semis.
After tonight, Kitchener forward Tyler Randell will have to sit out seven additional games to fulfill his 10-game suspension dished out yesterday.
Some fans find it harsh. Perhaps. But hardly surprising given that the league gave Attack captain Mike Halmo the same suspension for a similar hit.
Game time is 7 p.m. See some of you in Owen Sound.
- My goodness. Talk about messing with a guy's deadline. Easily the most stressful night this season. OT, lead changes, ugh. Not much time left to write. Anyway, enough about me.
- I'm not sure what was more depressing - the tired looking Rangers defence, or the fact that Owen Sound allowed Kitchener to come back.
- Pretty sure Sol and Murphy played that entire game, lol. Seriously, it felt like they never left the ice. And the extra time showed. Way too many turnovers.
- Radek Faksa left in the second, did not return and is out with an upper body injury. He was hit in the boards. He's taken a few good hits this series. Team will know more tomorrow. Devastating loss for the Rangers.
- John Gibson didn't have much of a chance on a few of the goals he let in. But Franky Palazzese looked like he hadn't missed a beat when he came in to relieve Gibby. The series could have been over sooner without a few OT saves by Franky.
- I liked the effort by Keli Grant and Zach Lorentz tonight. One of a few positives.
- You had to figure Owen Sound would take one game. Good ole Harry Lumley is not an easy place to play or win in.
- I was impressed by Owen Sound's energy level. This is a team dressing three forward lines!
- Glass half full - at least Kitchener has a chance to win on home ice in front of its fans.
JB's top three Rangers: Cody Sol, Michael Catenacci, Franky Palazzese