What's that saying? If it ain't broke...
Rangers GM/coach Steve Spott is sticking with his young lineup for tonight's game against the Attack. The same one that got the group a win on Sunday.
Ben Thomson-Matia Marcantuoni-Tobias Rieder
Matt Puempel-Radek Faksa-Eric Ming
Brent Pedersen-Josh Sterk-Justin Bailey
Darby Llewellyn-Curtis Meighan-Matt Schmalz
Ryan Murphy-Evan McEneny
Ben Fanelli-Max Iafrate
Jared Gilbert-Cory Genovese
John Gibson starts in net for the fifth consecutive game.
Gemel Smith-Dan Catenacci-Cam Brace
Kyle Hope-Joseph Blandisi-Jaden Lindo
Gilbert Gabor-Holden Cook-Kurtis Gabriel
Dan Zweep-Stefano Pezzetta-Devon Rymarchuk
Keevin Cutting-Braydon Rose
Chris Bigras-Nathan Chiarlitti
Alex Annecchiarico-Jake Dotchin
Jordan Binnington starts.
More suspensions issued by the OHL. Oshawa's Scott Laughton handed 10 games for checking to the head while the Soo's Landon Schiller also gets 10, also for checking to the head.
See the OHL's reasoning here.
Meanwhile, the CHL responds in wake of the CHLPA's lawsuit threat.
- These Rangers are killing me with the last minute dramatics! Sweating up here in the pressbox on deadline. But at least the games are exciting.
-Wanted to put Ben Fanelli in the top three stars below, but couldn't get him past the three listed. However, it was his best game of the season and he broke up several good offensive rushes by the Attack. Tip of the cap to Evan McEneny as well for a late game stand-up bodycheck to thwart a rush.
- Kudos to Aud staff for fixing some glaring issues. The shot clock, scoreboard and remote TVs were all in fine working order.
- How good is Matt Puempel? It's not often that key trade acquisitions work out as smoothly has he has here in Kitchener. Trade is looking like robbery now as the Petes toil away in last place in the east.
- OA forwards Nick Czinder and Domenic Alberga were healthy scratches for the second straight game. My guess is that they'll be back tomorrow against a veteran Plymouth team. Young energy is good, but there were a few mistakes by the rooks tonight.
- Ran into Ryan Hanes in the hallway at intermission. He's still nursing a shoulder injury which he calls more serious than a stinger. He's hoping to return next week.
- Great goaltending at both ends. Both teams hit posts.
- Attack goalie Jordan Binnington is shining without Scott Stajcer around. He gives Owen Sound a legit shot at going far in the post-season. I would not want to face this club in the first round.
- Sophomore forward Brent Pedersen is really snake bitten right now. He had two glorious point blank chances but couldn't convert.
- Kudos to former Rangers' defenceman Stephen Midensky who had three assists tonight in Quebec's 7-0 win over Shawinigan.
JB's top three Rangers: Matt Puempel, John Gibson, Matia Marcantuoni