I just can't get away from those Kitchener Rangers.
First I have a dream that former Rangers forward Zach Lorentz scores four goals in a game and then I'm running errands at the local grocery store and see this:
Not a bad deal eh? John Gibson at 19 years old and already on a Shreddies box. Still waiting for Post to call me for the OHL reporters edition. I'd probably be on the Fruit Loops box.
Heading to the Aud soon and will get line combos up asap. Had a rare Saturday night off yesterday, but still had time to review the game.
JB's top three Rangers from last night: Ben Thomson, Franky Palazzese, Matia Marcantuoni.
The Rangers returned to Kitchener late last night while the Whalers pulled in this afternoon.
Radek Faksa continues to battle the flu but is in tonight's lineup.
Ben Thomson-Matia Marcantuoni-Tobias Rieder
Matt Puempel-Radek Faksa-Eric Ming
Brent Pedersen-Josh Sterk-Justin Bailey
Domenic Alberga-Curtis Meighan-Nick Czinder
Ryan Murphy-Ben Fanelli
Evan McEneny-Max Iafrate
Jared Gilbert-Cory Genovese
John Gibson starts.
Zach Bratina-Ryan Hartman-Garrett Meurs
Stefan Noesen-Rickard Rakell-Cody Payne
Matt Mistele-Michael Whaley-Alex Aleardi
Austin Levi-Colin MacDonald
Gianluca Curcuruto-Curtis Crombeen
Nick Malysa-Connor Carrick
Matt Mahalak is between the pipes.
- So Justin Bailey almost scores last night and does tonight. Are we starting to see the emergence of the third line of Josh Sterk, Brent Pedersen and Bailey?
- I take back everything I said about the Aud being warm and cozy up in the pressbox. Absolutely freezing tonight. Feels like a gust of wind is blowing up here.
- Franky Palazzese has been really solid this season. But it's tough to see him getting lots of action with the way John Gibson is going. First, the guy gets on a Shreddies box, then he shreds the league. Seriously, how do you pull Gibson out of the crease?
- Looked like Jared Gilbert had his first career OHL goal but it was tipped by Matt Puempel. Regardless, Gilbert is getting a healthy dose of confidence from the coaching staff with big minutes at key times.
- Thought Czinder and Alberga showed good energy for most of the game tonight after missing some games as a healthy scratch earlier this week. A tough penalty for Czinder to take though down the stretch. Not sure that will help his cause for playing time.
- Coach/GM Steve Spott said he has the luxury now of shifting guys in and out of the lineup since no one is injured and there are capable subs. He likes that it creates urgency on the roster.
- How do the Rangers celebrate a win? By playing Gangnam Style. And by playing, I mean blaring.
- Gibson was great, but let's applaud Matt Mahalak who was equally strong in net for Plymouth.
JB's top three Rangers: John Gibson, Justin Bailey, Matt Puempel