Oh those Knights.
Last time they were here, they spoiled the Kitchener Rangers' nine game home unbeaten streak.
Now, they hit the Aud looking for their 12th straight victory.
No surprises in the Rangers' lineup. Josh Sterk, Jared Gilbert and Darby Llewellyn are all out with concussions. That means all hands on deck. No subs left.
Matt Puempel-Radek Faksa-Eric Ming
Ben Thomson-Matia Marcantuoni-Tobias Rieder
Brent Pedersen-Domenica Alberga-Justin Bailey
Matt Schmalz-Curtis Meighan-Nick Czinder
Ryan Murphy-Ben Fanelli
Evan McEneny-Max Iafrate
Cory Genovese-Owen Stewart
John Gibson (12-5) gets the start.
Max Domi-Alex Broadhurst-Seth Griffith
Ryan Rupert-Bo Horvat-Brett Welychka
Tyler Ferry-Chris Tierney-Josh Anderson
Corey Pawley-Kyle Platzer-Remi Elie
Scott Harrington-Tommy Hughes
Miles Liberati-Kevin Raine
Kevin Bailie (9-4-0-1) gets the call.
Speaking of Llewellyn. Sounds like the OHL will be making a decision on the suspension to Erie's Johnny McGuire tomorrow. McGuire was tossed from Saturday's game for charging Llewellyn, who is now out with a head injury.
- OK, first up, Matt Puempel has a stinger in his shoulder. He is day to day. The team will know more tomorrow but it appears that he'll be fine. Huge relief for the Rangers.
- That being said, if his absence for two plus periods doesn't underscore the club's offensive deficiencies, I don't know what does. What if this injury was or turns out to be serious?
- GM/coach Steve Spott said when guys such as Puempel go down, others such as Justin Bailey, Brent Pedersen and Tobias Rieder need to step up.
- The feeling from this chair is that it'll take the addition of more than one scorer to get to the level the Knights are at. Media from London reiterated that the Hunters are likely to add pieces, big pieces, in the coming weeks. Do that and Kitchener, as it stands now, won't be getting out of the west.
- This is the year to win the west by the way. Do that, and you'll likely avoid the rest of the midwest division in the first round of the playoffs.
- Lots of criticism out there on Radek Faksa's lack of scoring. To his defence, it's tough to score when you're on a line with Puempel.
- London is loaded with assets heading into the trade deadline. A good problem to have.
- OA forward Nick Czinder can't catch a break. Sounds like he scored his first goal of the season tonight, but it was awarded to Domenic Alberga. Czinder's assist was his first point of the campaign.
- Kitchener's PP went 0-for-3. That certainly doesn't help when your offence is struggling.
- That Nikita Zadorov is a keeper on London's blue line. The kid is only 17.
JB's top three Rangers: Nick Czinder, Domenic Alberga, Evan McEneny