But an argument could be made that the club should, at the very least, crack the honourable mention this week.
Only three OHL clubs currently grace the rankings - Owen Sound (5th), Barrie (6th) and Guelph (9th). Oshawa is an HM.
Kitchener has twice defeated Owen Sound, dumped Oshawa and has a better record than Guelph. The team has yet to play Barrie. The Rangers are 7-0 at home and have the best record in the OHL in the past 10 games (8-1-1-0).
The past two wins came against the best two goalies in the OHL.
That should count for something.
UPDATE: Not to be this week.
1. Halifax Mooseheads (16-1-0-1)
2. Kamloops Blazers (17-2-0-1)
3. Quebec Remparts (13-4-0-0)
4. Owen Sound Attack (12-2-1-2)
5. Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (13-5-0-2)
6. Portland Winterhawks (13-3-1-0)
7. Barrie Colts (13-4-0-1)
8. Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (13-5-0-1)
9. Edmonton Oil Kings (11-4-1-2)
10. Niagara IceDogs (12-6-1-0)
HM: Tri-City Americans (12-6-1-1), Oshawa Generals (11-6-0-2), Spokane Chiefs (13-6-0-0)
Kitchener Rangers record: 11-5-1-1