The team is busting out its Rememberance Day sweaters for the tilt. They'll wear the colours for Sunday's match against Oshawa as well, which falls on Nov. 11.
The Rangers are going for win No. 8 at home this season against zero losses.
A couple of players were in action last night at the Subway Super Series.
Defenceman Ryan Muprhy and forward Matt Puempel represented Team OHL in an exhibition game against Russia's top juniors.
Rangers' bench boss Steve Spott coached the group, which lost 2-1 in Guelph. A rematch is set for Monday in Sarnia. It was a tough one on Murphy, who was -2 in the game.
As for the Soo, well they're missing defencemn Chris Buonomo, who has been suspended for 15 games for checking to the head. The overager was served with the penalty after hitting Ottawa's Connor Brown in a 6-1 loss last week.
Kitchener lines for tonight:
Matt Puempel-Radek Faksa-Eric Ming
Ben Thomson-Domenic Alberga-Tobias Rieder
Brent Pedersen-Josh Sterk-Justin Bailey
Darby Llewellyn-Curtis Meighan-Matt Schmalz
Ryan Murphy-Ben Fanelli
Jared Gilbert-Evan McEneny
Cory Genovese-Max Iafrate
John Gibson (9-3-0-0) starts.
Sault Ste. Marie:
Nick Halagian-Nick Cousins-Sergey Tolchinsky
Michael Schumacher-Jared McCann-Dylan Staples
David Broll-Andrew Fritsch-Brandon Alderson
Nick Pastorious-Ryan Kirkup-Trent Mallette
Darnell Nurse-Tyler Ganly
Mac Clutsam-Alex Gudbranson
Kevin Spinozzi-Matt Fuller
Matt Murray gets the call in net (9-6-1-0)
A Jacob Trouba update for the hardcore fans out there. Seems he dodged a suspension after being called for a hit to the head this week. Either way, the University of Michigan is struggling at 1-2-1 in division play and 3-3-1 overall.
Trouba, a Rangers' third round pick in 2010, does have six points in six games for the Wolverines, who are tied for seventh in the CCHA. However, it is still very early in the season.
- Jared Gilbert was walking around in his suit after the game. He left the match in the first period and did not return and is out with a head injury. He will be re-evaluated Saturday.
- Make it six games and counting with no goals in the first period. Would be nice to see the Rangers get off to a quick start one of these days.
- The lack of scoring -- last in the west -- is going to burn the team sooner or later unless it is addressed.
- Rookie Justin Bailey keeps on delivering. Another point tonight to lift him up to seven on the year. Brent Pedersen also picked up an assist. 95 line players are scorching.
- No Subway Super Series hangover for Matt Puempel and Ryan Murphy -- two points for the captain and another goal for MP the day after repping Team OHL against Russia.
- John Gibson deserved better than a later PP goal by the Soo to blow his potential second shutout of the year.
- The Soo was missing six regulars due to injuries and suspensions. And how's this for a kind schedule -- tomorrow in Owen Sound and then Sunday afternoon in London. Ouch.
- Soo fans brought the party to the blue seats at the Aud. Home crowd sounded better tonight. Well done.
- Two PP goals for Kitchener, maybe it's coming around? It was 1-for-14 in the past two games.
JB's top three Rangers: John Gibson, Ryan Murphy, Matt Puempel