All snug in my gold seat at the Aud, about five rows up from the glass.
The camp invitees are stretching and preparing to hit the ice for a morning scrimmage. Right now, ex-Rangers Dan Kelly, Greg Campbell, Nick Spaling and Tobias Rieder, among others, are on the ice working out.
Lines for today's friendly:
Darby Llewellyn-Ryan MacInnis-Nick Magyar
Jacob Cascagnette-Curtis Meighan-Justin Bailey
Ty Learn-Jim Sopper-James Mense-Dietrich
Christ Poletek-Connor Patton-Keigan Goetz
Owen Stewart-Max Iafrate
Scott Pedersen-Jesse Young
Doug Blaisdell-Logan Schmidt
Matt Greenfield, Eric Bogart
Brent Pedersen-Josh Sterk-Scott Teskey
Mason Kohn-Mike Davies-Eric Ming
Alex Gilmour-Mark Bzowey-Kegan Blasby
Tom Abrams-Jordan Delaurier-Adam Abu-Ali
Dmitrii Sergeev-Frank Hora
Danylo Znaczko-Jared Gilbert
Sam Harris-Trevor McEneny
Jack Moylan, Izzy Benigno
The rest of the veterans are here but are sitting the first scrimmage out.
Trainer Dan Lebold has had his sewing machine serviced twice this summer and has ordered extra jerseys for the upcoming season.
The perils of so much turnover.
Both he and assistant Barry Hoch looked refreshed and geared up for a long season ahead.
Gotta say it's weird seeing the clean, white dasher boards around the rink. Logo at centre ice looks freshly painted though.
White 5, Blue 4
- Brent Pedersen scores first goal of the camp on a pass/shot from point by Josh Sterk.
- Forward Adam Abu-Ali delivers best hit of first period. He's certainly standing out.
- Some draf pick on draf pick love early on as Doug Blaisdell (3rd round) penalized for trip on Mike Davies (1st round).
- Mark Bzowey (assist Jared Gilbert) puts team Team White up 2-0 on ensuing PP after undressing D and goalie Eric Bogart. Beauty goal.
- Justin Bailey wins a scrap over Tom Abrams to end period. Bailey didn't get in one fight all of last year. Bailey with seven first period PIMs.
- Team White goes up 3-0 on a goal by Mason Kohn (assist to Ming).
- Really like the feistiness of Triple A. A litle chirp on Stewart after taking an interference penalty.
- White pouring it on, 4-0 off the blade of Mike Davies (Ming, Kohn).
- Kind usher tells me attendance is 317 for this afternoon's affair.
- Darby Llewellyn (Bailey) gets Blue on the board, now trailing 4-1.
- Wide open net for Nick Magyar off nifty feed from Curtis Meighan makes it 4-2 White.
- About 30 seconds later, another goal for Blue, this time Ty Learn from Jimmy Soper.
- A fourth straight on goalie Izzy Benigno by Blue's Learn.
- White responds for 5-4 lead, a stuff-in by Brent Pedersen, no assist.
JB's top three Team Blue Rangers: Ty Learn, Matt Greenfield, Justin Bailey
JB's top three Team White Rangers: Jack Moylan, Eric Ming, Mason Kohn