I'm sitting in the media room, a Timmies steeped tea by my side and it's the start of another Kitchener Rangers season.
I guess technically we're still in exhibition mode, but being back at the Aud and gearing up for a game day feels like the real deal.
So, let's treat it as such on the blog.
North Bay is in town for a friendly. Kitchener is resting some stars. Here is how it looks for the Rangers:
Ben Thomson-Ryan MacInnis-Nick Magyar
Ty Learn-Curtis Meighan-Scott Teskey
James Mense-Dietrich-Mason Kohn-Kegan Blasby
Darby Llewellyn-Josh Sterk-Mike Davies
Dmitrii Sergeev-Frank Hora
Jared Gilbert-Doug Blaisdell
Evan McEnenyl-Max Iafrate
Vincent Praplan-Nick Paul-Matthew Santos
Blake Clarke-Mike Amadio-Calvin Gomes
Brandon Robinson-Brett McKenzie-Alex Henriksson
Mike Baird-Jamie Lewis-Daniel Volpe
Shawn Tessier-Marcus McIvor
Dylan Blujus-Kyler Keating
Brenden Miller-Mark Raycroft
- I've missed a few practices/scrimmages this week, but the team has been riding MacInnis and Magyar as a tandem quite a bit.
- Yesterday, the club announced that it got a commitment from free agent defenceman Logan Schmidt, who spent last year with the Kitchener Dutchmen.
- Most improved Ranger from last year? So far, looks like Ty Learn.
- Curtis Meighan, Ben Thomson and Evan McEneny wore the 'A'
- Russian import Dmitrii Sergeev still adjusting but looks good, a smooth skater
- Rookie defenceman Doug Blaisdell looks really comfortable working the point on the power play. Let's hope the club let's him get a turn in real action.
- Another positive is the spread out scoring with d-men picking up three of the five goals.
- Positives have to be kept in perspective as it is only pre-season. Negatives too. One that wasn't encouraging was watching the Troops outshoot the Rangers 43-34.
- Tyson Teichmann made 41 saves. One goal he allowed was on a five-on-three PP. He also has some nifty looking blue pads.
- Goal scorers for Kitchener - Blaisdell 2, Sterk, Blasby, McEneny. Llewellyn two assists, singles to Iafrate, Mense-Dietrich, Davies, Gilbert and Kohn.
- 2,677 at the game today
JB's top three Rangers: Tyson Teichmann, Darby Llewellyn, Doug Blaisdell