Worst place in the OHL is on the line tonight in Sarnia.
A dubious honour no doubt.
Sarnia is down ex-captain Craig Duininck, who was shipped to Paul Fixter's Sudbury Wolves with a 10th round pick in 2014 for OA Jimmy McDowell and a second round selection in the same draft.
Yes, the shedding has begun in Sting-town. And it's just the beginning league-wide. The OHL trade deadline is about a month and a half away and with several teams off to strong starts methinks it'll be a busy one.
No surprises for Kitchener with tonight's lines. Though d-man Evan McEneny is back on the blueline after a few weeks out with a concussion.
Mike Davies-Matia Marcantuoni-Justin Bailey
Cutris Meighan-Radek Faksa-Brent Pedersen
Darby Llewellyn-Ryan MacInnis-Nick Magyar
Mason Kohn-Jimmy Soper-Scott Teskey
Ben Fanelli-Frank Hora
Max Iafrate-Evan McEneny
Jared Gilbert-Doug Blaisdell
Matt Greenfield (1-1-0-1) starts.
Nikolay Goldobin-Nick Latta-Bryan Moore
Erik Robichaud-Vlad Kodola-Nikita Korostelev
Alex Renaud-Daniel Nikandrov-Davis Brown
Alex Carnevale-Pat White-Noah Bushnell
Tyler Hore-Anthony DeAngelo
Zachary Core-Jimmy McDowell
Connor Schlichting-Jeff King
Taylor Dupuis (3-8-0-1) starts.
- Well, after two inspiring comebacks, I bet not many saw this dud coming. Forget about last week's 7-0 drubbing to Peterborough. This was easily the worst loss of the season.
- Before the game, Sarnia folks were telling me they expected a lopsided affair - in Kitchener's favour. The club was still finding its feet after trading away its captain, had lost four straight, had a goalie who has been so-so this season and a young back end.
- Speaking of trades, it sounds like the Sting are on the verge of making another deal.
- The Rangers really got pushed around tonight. They sure miss the toughness of Ben Thomson. The veteran is out with an ankle injury and should be back soon.
- Lots of offsides, late passes, passes in the skates and miscommunication going on for the Rangers in this one.
- It doesn't get any easier for Kitchener who play Owen Sound, the Soo and Erie in the next three games.
- Sarnia had a 1-3-1 setup on their PP and it generated a lot of chances. Kitchener went 0-for-4 and has the OHL's worst PP. Coach thought it looked better tonight.
JB's top three Rangers: Jimmy Soper, Ryan MacInnis, Radek Faksa