Feels like a playoff game this afternoon - weather wise - and I'll take it.
Some good vibes outside the Rangers' dressing room as well. Players here nice and early for the matinee against the visiting Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (16-3-0-2).
Be sure and keep an eye on 'Hounds sniper Sergey Tolchinsky, who is quickly climbing up the OHL scoring leaders list. He's currently tied for fourth with 36 points in 21 games.
Radek Faksa-Matia Marcantuoni-Justin Bailey
Brent Pedersen-Ryan MacInnis-Nick Magyar
Darby Llewellyn-Curtis Meighan-Mike Davies
Mason Kohn-Jimmy Soper-Scott Teskey
Ben Fanelli-Frank Hora
Evan McEneny-Max IafrateJared Gilbert-Logan Schmidt
Jordan DeKort (2-9) starts.
Sault Ste. Marie:
Jean Dupuy-Jared McCann-Andrew Fritsch
Pat Watling-Tyler Gaudet-Trent Malette
Mike Bunting-David Miller-Sergey Tolchinsky
Blake Speers-Nick Pastorious
Darnell Nurse-Alex Gudbranson
Kyle Jenkins-Tyler Ganly
Kevin Spinozzi-Mac Clutsam
Matt Murray (13-3-0-2) starts.
- Former Rangers goalie Tyson Teichmann has signed on with the Wellington Dukes in the OJHL.
- Goalie Jordan DeKort was pulled after allowing two goals in the first period for a momentum change, according to coach Troy Smith. Matt Greenfield stopped 17 of 18 shots in relief.
- More than 50 shots for the Rangers, six goals and a converted penalty shot by Brent Pedersen. Fans sure got their money's worth today. If we single out the worst losses, let's single out the best wins. This one qualifies as the best game of the season for the Rangers. A close second to the win over London.
- Sounds like Jimmy Soper suffered a broken thumb in his scrap with Nick Pastorious. Luckily Ben Thomson should be ready to go soon.
- A noticeable increase in toughness from the Rangers. No push-overs tonight.
- Three power play goals by the Rangers is an encouraging sign. As mentioned before the PP has really struggled this season.
- Coach Troy Smith was pretty pumped to hear that the Tiger-Cats are off to the Grey Cup as he is a Hamilton native.
- Nick Magyar's three points puts him ninth in OHL rookie scoring.
- The Rangers are no longer in the OHL basement. They passed Belleville this afternoon with the win.
JB's top three Rangers: Nick Magyar, Matt Greenfield, Radek Faksa