Rangers: 35-26-2-2, sixth in west
Storm: 20-38-4-2, 10th in west
Head to head: Kitchener leads the season series 5-2.
Game-time: 7 p.m.
The skinny: The Storm will finish last in the west for the second consecutive season so the team is playing for pride at this point. The Rangers are still trying to fight off Flint and need a combination of two wins and/or Firebirds regulation losses to clinch sixth. Guelph plays Kitchener tough. Three of the seven games this season have been decided by one goal.
Keep an eye on: Kitchener Rangers forward Adam Mascherin needs two points to hit 100 on the season. He’d be the first Blueshirt to do it since Jason Akeson had 108 points in 2010-11.
Adam Mascherin-Greg Meireles-Nick McHugh
Connor Bunnaman-Darby Llewellyn-Jake Henderson
Joseph Garreffa-Riley Damiani-Cole Carter
Dylan Seitz-Eric Guest-Jonathan Yantsis
Andrew Burns-Frank Hora
Elijah Roberts-Dylan Di Perna
Kyle Gentles-Alex Peterson
Luke Opilka (12-13-1-1) starts.
Isaac Ratcliffe-Nate Schnarr-Nick Deakin-Poot
Givani Smith-Liam Hawel-James McEwan
Matt Hotchkiss-Cedric Ralph-Nic Sicoly
Liam Stevens-Luke Moncada-Albert Michnac
Garrett McFadden-Ryan Merkley
Dmitri Samorukov-Kyle Rhodes
Quinn Hanna-Nolan Makkonen
Anthony Popovich (7-16-0-1) starts.
- Rangers D Giovanni Vallati will not play tonight and probably take the rest of the week off to rest for the playoffs after leaving Saturday's game against Flint due to a knee-on-knee hit.
- If Kitchener and Flint are tied in points at the end of the season the tie breaker goes to wins then head to head record then goal differential.
- So with the OT win and Flint loss in Owen Sound, Kitchener will in fact finish sixth in the west. The team was fourth last season.
- The prize? Erie, London or Owen Sound in the first round. Good times ahead.
- A quick four goal lead was what you wanted to see. Giving up five unanswered was not what you wanted to see. Scoring the OT winner was what you wanted to see. Oh the drama of this year's squad.
- Adam Mascherin scored the first goal and has 99 points.
- Guelph forward Isaac Ratcliffe loves playing the Rangers. He had two goals tonight and has five against Kitchener this season. Ratcliffe had one goal in 15 games coming into this one.
- Not sure if we'll see the Mascherin-McHugh combo again. Loads of speed but the duo can get caught up ice.
- The vet line of Bunnaman, Llewellyn and Henderson was the most reliable. It felt like the trio never left the ice.
- Kitchener D Elijah Roberts with a plus-three rating in his first game back from strep throat.
- Faceoffs 42-27 Guelph.
JB's top three Rangers: Cole Carter, Darby Llewellyn, Kyle Gentles