Rangers: 36-26-3-2, sxith in the west
Attack: 46-15-2-2, third in the west
Head to head: Owen Sound leads the season series 6-1.
Game-time: 7:30 p.m.
The skinny: The Attack can still catch Erie for first overall in the OHL on the final weekend of play. Owen Sound has never won the Hamilton Spectator Trophy as regular season champs.
Keep an eye on: Attack defenceman Santino Centorame has 11 points in seven games against the Rangers this season.
Additional reading: Rangers push Erie to the limit but lose in OT.
Eric Guest-Greg Meireles-Adam Mascherin
Connor Bunnaman-Riley Damiani-Jonathan Yantsis
Nick McHugh-Joseph Garreffa-Cole Carter
Dylan Seitz-Cedric Schiemenz-Liam Peyton
Elijah Roberts-Frank Hora
Kyle Gentles-Dylan Di Perna
Luke Richardson (9-5-0-0) starts.
Jonah Gadjovich-Kevin Hancock-Nick Suzuki
Petrus Palmu-Cordell James-Ethan Szypula
Maksim Sushko-Matt Sturthers-Chase Campbell
Nick Pryce-Aidan Dudas-Matt Schmalz
Markus Phillips-Santino Centorame
Trenton Bourque-Sean Durzi
Jacob Friend-Cole Cameron
Michael McNiven (39-9-2-2) starts.
- Rangers D Andrew Burns is out indefinitely with an upper body injury and may be done for the season. He suffered the injury in Friday's win but finished the game.
- Jake Henderson and Darby Llewellyn got the night off to rest. Rookie Liam Peyton made his OHL debut.
- So if Owen Sound wins or gets one point Sunday in Guelph it's an Attack-Rangers first round match-up. If they lose and London wins up in the Soo it's Knights-Rangers.
- Game 1 and 2 for the playoffs will be Friday and Saturday (March 24/25) if the Rangers play Owen Sound and Friday and Sunday (March 24/26) if it's London.
- Tonight's tilt certainly had a playoff feel to it. Both teams had a physical edge and there was lots of chirping.
- Kitchener has to be careful though because Owen Sound owns the best power play in the league. It struck four times tonight.
- Milestone alert - Adam Mascherin had an assist to reach 100 points on the season. Rookie Liam Peyton also scored his first goal in his first OHL game. He's headed back to Ottawa for school but can be recalled in the playoffs.
- Owen Sound had a few big moments of its own - Michael McNiven 40 wins, Kevin Hancock 30 goals, Petrus Palmu 40 goals, Nick Suzuki 45 goals, first time Owen Sound has reached 100 points and Santino Centorame set the franchise record for points by a defenceman with 156.
- Late in the game the Attack parked defenceman Trenton Bourque in front of goalie Luke Richardson on the PP in an attempt to get him his first goal of the season.
- Dylan Seitz was in full feisty mode. He clearly got under the skin of a few Attack players.
- All teams are sensitive when they feel that their goalies have been targeted but Owen Sound is on special alert. If McNiven goes down the team's post-season chances would take a major hit.
JB's top three Rangers: Adam Mascherin, Liam Peyton, Eric Guest