Rangers: 7-3-1-0, second in western conference
Knights: 1-8-1-0, last in western conference
Head to head: This is the first meeting between the two clubs this season. London won all six last season.
Game-time: 7:30 p.m.
The skinny: Kitchener has lost 13 consecutive games to London and hope new addition Kole Sherwood will help end that skid. The Knights are off to one of their worst starts ever and traded for goalie Joseph Raaymakers this past week to try and turn things around.
Keep an eye on: London F Cliff Pu scored five goals and added five assists in six games against the Rangers last season.
Local connections: Rangers F Eric Guest hails from Kilworth and played minor hockey in London. … Kitchener G Chris McGonigle is from Belmont which is outside London. … F Kole Sherwood played one season for the Knights. … London coach Dale Hunter once played for the Rangers.
Additional reading: Sherwood eager to get started in Kitchener.
Jospeh Garreffa-Riley Damiani-Adam Mascherin
Connor Bunnaman-Rickard Hugg-Kole Sherwood
Adam Liska-Greg Meireles-Jake Henderson
Nick McHugh-Eric Guest-Cole Carter
Logan Stanley-Connor Hall
Giovanni Vallati-Kyle Gentles
Jack York-Grayson Ladd
Luke Richardson (1-2-1-0) starts.
Max Jones-Cliff Pu-Tyler Rollo
Alex Formenton-Robert Thomas-Sam Miletic
Liam Foudy-Alex Turko-Cole Tymkin
Josh Nelson-Billy Moskal-Harrison Cottam
Alex Regula-Evan Bouchard
Jacob Golden-Shane Collins
Riley Coome-Billy Moskal
Joseph Raaymakers (0-0-0-0) starts.
- Kitchener goalie Anthony Dumont-Bouchard is day to day with an upper body injury and likely out this weekend.
- The Rangers don’t have one player among the top 40 in OHL scoring. That’s some spread out scoring.
- Adam Mascherin and Logan Stanley were named to Team OHL for a game against Russia’s national junior team in Owen Sound on Nov. 9.
- The Rangers are the only team to hand Sarnia (ranked second in CHL Top 10) and Owen Sound (ranked eighth) their sole regulation losses this season.
- A nod to the game ops staff for playing Tragically Hip during lead-up to the game.
- Intensity by the Rangers seemed to come from the fourth line early on. Didn't feel the urgency as much from the top lines or the pressure on the young Knights defence.
- 16 shots in the first period by Kitchener but only two in close. Knights did well to force low percentage shots from the outside.
- Not saying the trade should have been nixed but the Rangers could have used a guy like Doug Blaisdell in the back end tonight.
- Kitchener's PP is in a rut, went 0-for-5, ranks fourth worst in the OHL and is on a 1-for-15 stretch.
- London had two five-on-threes in the third which makes thoughts of a comeback tough.
- London goalie Joseph Raaymakers spoiled his own shutout bid by gifting Eric Guest his first goal of the season when he misplayed the puck behind his net.
- Hugg 10-for-15 on the dot.
- Two really pretty goals by Max Jones (first period) and Robert Thomas (second period).
JB's top three Rangers: Eric Guest, Nick McHugh, Cole Carter