Still no word from the OHL on Jake Henderson.
The Rangers winger took a major for checking to the head in Game 5 and could face a suspension. The hit didn't look like it warranted the major and the guy he hit - Brendan Lemieux - is just fine. But Henderson is a repeat offender so he may get nailed just because of that.
I'll update as I know more.
UPDATE: Henderson got two games. London's Max Jones gone for 12 for his hit on Owen Sound's Justin Brack.
I think everyone wanted this series to wrap up in Windsor. You never want to leave that door open no matter how slim the odds. I guess one of the positives is that Rangers fans may get to see the team claim the series in person and that's pretty cool.
Don't forget that the OHL draft is next Saturday.
I printed a list of Kitchener's selections in the post below. GM Murray Hiebert is loaded with top end picks - a first, two seconds and a high third. Hiebert said he may deal one of his seconds if the value is right.
It's a pretty diverse draft and consensus varies. That means players certain teams covet may be available later than expected. So in that sense it may be a good draft to wheel and deal.
Brandon Robinson-Ryan MacInnis-Jeremy Bracco
Connor Bunnaman-Gustaf Franzen-Adam Mascherin
Darby Llewellyn-Mason Kohn-David Miller
Nick McHugh-Jacob Cascagnette-Nick Magyar
Connor Hall-Frank Hora
Doug Blaisdell-Dylan Di Perna
Elijah Roberts-Miles Liberati
Dawson Carty (3-1) starts.
Brenden Lemieux-Logan Brown-Christian Fischer
Mads Eller-Aaron Luchuk-Cristiano DiGiacinto
Bradley Latour-Hayden McCool-Connor Chatham
Luke Boka-Gabe Vilardi-Cole Carter
Logan Stanley-Jalen Chatfield
Pat Sanvido-Mikhail Sergachev
Andrew Burns-Tyler Nother
Michael DiPietro (1-1) starts.
- This is only the second time this season that G Dawson Carty has started four games in a row.
- That's how you end a series, decisively on home ice.
- Kitchener's special teams stood out. The PP was 3-for-8 and they killed three of four power plays.
- Windsor had trouble with Kitchener's top line all series and today was no different. Ryan MacInnis, Brandon Robinson and Jeremy Bracco really stepped up.
- Dawson Carty made some nice saves yet again. He gives the club a chance to win every night. I thought Michael DiPietro also stood tall in the loss. He's going to be fun to watch in the coming years.
- The Rangers really focused on Lemieux on the power play and for good reason. All four of his goals in the series came with the man advantage.
- Not many had this series ending in five games. Kitchener deserved to win but I wonder how the complexion would have changed had Lemieux been in every game and DiPietro in net from the start.
- Three Rangers goals in 1:58 in the second period. The goals certainly came in bunches in this series.
- A loud crowd at the Aud tonight. 50/50 was $7,820. A nice haul for one lucky person.
- Lots of option left for opponents in the next round. Kitchener could get Erie, London, Sarnia or Owen Sound depending on how those series play out. If the current series leaders finish on top it'll be London.
- Kitchener gets a nice five or six day rest now. Well deserved.
JB's top three Rangers: Ryan MacInnis, Jeremy Bracco, Frank Hora.