Feeling a bit like a broken record.
The Rangers face the Storm yet again today. Kitchener is 5-0 against their rivals.
Let's just get right into it.
Adam Mascherin-Gustaf Franzen-Jeremy Bracco
Darby Llewellyn-Mason Kohn-Greg Meireles
Brandon Robinson-David Miller-Jake Henderson
Connor Bunnaman-Jacob Cascagnette-Nick Magyar
Miles Liberati-Frank Hora
Brian Brosnan-Dylan Di Perna
Doug Blaisdell-Elijah Roberts
James McEwan-Jacob Harris-Givani Smith
Liam Stevens-Luke Burghardt-Matt Hotchkiss
Nicolas Sicoly-Nick Deakin-Poot-Tyler Hill
Kyle West-X-Jake Bricknell
Garrett McFadden-Austin Hall
C.J. Garcia-Noah Carroll
Kyle Rhodes-Levi Tetrault
Michael Giugovaz (6-6-4-0) starts.
- Something to think about with the Travis Konecny rumours. They're coming from Erie, a team ahead of the Rangers in the standings and one that isn't in a position to acquire a stud forward after going for it last year. They gain from rumours about Konecny on the market as it drives up his price. Don't think for a second that individuals don't try to get foes to pay more in trades by putting out misinformation or even bidding for guys they don't really want. All part of the off-ice game.
- Just before puck drop the Erie reporter that reported the Konecny trade apologized on Twitter for suggesting it was done.
- The Rangers simply never recovered from a slow start that saw them relinquish three first period goals. To their credit, they came out strong in the second and got back in the game before losing defenceman Brian Brosnan to an undisclosed injury.
- Guelph caught a 2-on-1 on the Brosnan injury and scored to make it 5-3 which put the game out of reach.
- When the Rangers crash the net they score. When they don't, well, they don't. Players could be a bit more selfish. A few too many extra passes during odd-man rushes hurt.
- Goalie Dawson Carty was chased in the first period and took his first loss in regulation this season. UPDATE: Was originally told Carty got the loss, it was in fact given to Luke Richardson.
- Adam Mascherin grabbed a helper and now has points in 11 straight.
- Guelph is 3-1-2-0 in its last six games. The team is 2-27-1-0 before that. The four goal margin of victory was their highest this season.
- Five of those losses came courtesy of the Rangers who had outscored Guelph 20-8 before Sunday's game.
- Jacob Cascagnette did some good work to park himself in front of goalie Michael Giugovaz. Need more of that, as mentioned, from some other players.
- Coach Mike Van Ryn juggled his lines to start the second and it paid off. He was rather subdued after the loss. Turn the page, move on.
- The Rangers will likely have to lean on Joseph Garreffa to play defence Friday if Brosnan can't return. Connor Hall remains out with a broken jaw and Dmitrii Sergeev will just be getting back from the worlds in Finland and could probably use a day off to get over jet lag.
JB's top three Rangers: Doug Blaisdell, Jeremy Bracco, Mason Kohn